Graduating from college and starting your career is a massive culture shock. Your last year has gone by in a blur and you have to readjust in record time. That’s not even taking into account the pressures of finding a job, moving somewhere new and turning into a working adult!
1. People asking you what your plan is for the rest of your life
I have to decide, like right now?
2. Doing your best to get the student discount for as long as possible
Please work, please work, please work…
3. The college lifestyle, not miraculously finishing after you’ve left
Still surviving on noodles and stacking dishes up to dangerous heights.
4. Your social life is now confined to the weekends
No more dollar-drink Wednesdays 🙁
5. Adapting to a 9-5 schedule is incredibly hard
Promising yourself, “Just one more episode and then i’ll go to sleep…” LOL
6. Working for free in order to be able to work for money
7. The joy of actually landing a job related to your degree
8. The days that it’s acceptable to wear fancy dress are severely limited
Yay for Halloween!
9. Planning get togethers with your college friends at every chance you get
…and reminiscing about every crazy thing that happened in college – every time you meet.
10. The difficulty of learning to pay for everything on a starting wage
Basically, rent and it’s gone…
11. Realising you’re expected to act like a grown up now
Too much responsibility.
12. But it’s not so bad, once you get a handle on it.
Ok, I got this!
13. You’ll still always have your closest friends.
Friends forever. Just please don’t ever mentioned that thing that happened that one time…
14. And carving your way in the world is actually pretty exciting!