Subject: Computer Software~~Educational Software
Learners will design a DC-DC converter that powers USB-C devices (20 V at 5 A) from a dc input voltage source such as a lithium-ion battery pack or a desktop computer power bus.
Aspects of the project will include:
● Design of converter power stage, gate drivers, and magnetics. Requires mastery of courses 1, 2, and 5.
● Simulation to verify correct steady-state operation. Requires mastery of courses 1 and 2.
● Design of converter control system. Requires mastery of courses 3 and 4.
● Simulation to verify correct control system operation. Requires mastery of course 4
● Preparation of a report documenting the design and its performance The report will be peer graded.
Course Accredited By: University of Colorado Boulder