Work from home jobs are high in demand at the moment with everyone trying to benefit from the perks of working at home. But where do you start looking for jobs and what companies do you know are legit?
Search Engine Evaluator jobs offer some of the best work at home opportunities due to the consistency of work and reputation of the companies that provide it.
Search Engine Evaluators use complex algorithms to analyse if search engines are giving back the most relevant results. When you start work as a search engine evaluator, you’ll often have to sign non-disclosure agreements so you don’t give too much away about the process. However, full training is provided once you get accepted by one of the following companies.
Below are 3 Search Evaluation Jobs You Can Do from Home.
Leapforce are a search engine evaluation company that provide you the opportunity to work as an independent agent, from home. As per their website, Leapforce are experiencing unprecedented demand and growth for qualified home-based independent agents.
To become an independent agent, you’ll need to take and pass a three-part qualification exam. This is designed to test your theoretical and practical comprehension of search engine evaluation.
What They’re looking for:
- High speed internet access (Cable Modem, DSL, etc.)
- A personal computer running Google’s free Chrome web browser, version 31 or higher. Sorry, but no Chromebooks at this time.
- Up to date anti-virus and anti-spyware software
- Excellent web research skills and analytical abilities
- Excellent comprehension and written communication skills
- Many Leapforce At Home independent agent assignments require fluency in a language other than English. For these assignments, independent agents will be required to pass a language assessment exam
If you meet their requirements, you can apply for the positions here.
Lionbridge offer a number of work from home jobs including social media internet assessors. This involves analysing search results to see if they match what a user wanted.
What They’re looking for:
- You must have familiarity with current and historical business, media, sport, news, social media and cultural affairs in the United States
- Fluency in written and verbal English
- Access to and use of a broadband internet connection and associated computer and software to perform the work, all provided at your own expense
- Experience in use of web browsers to navigate and interact with a variety of content
- Access to and use of a Smartphone (Android version 4.1 or higher) to complete tasks.
- Active daily user of Gmail, Google+ and other forms of social media including Twitter & Facebook
- The majority of the task types will require both a desktop/laptop and a smartphone
If you’re ok with the above and interested in applying, you can find more information about the jobs available and apply here.
3) Appen Butler Hill.
Appen Butler Hill offers a huge range of remote jobs including social and search engine evaluator jobs. They’re reputed to be the highest paying amongst companies that offer search evaluation opportunities.
On top of this they have also been named by Forbes Magazine as one of the Top 100 Companies Offering Flexible Jobs in 2014, 2015, and 2016.
Requirements for Social Media Evaluator
- Online daily social media use i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc
- Able to follow instructions, work independently and meet time conditions of the project.
- Ability to clearly express thoughts and feelings in English, both verbally and in writing.
What technology is required from you:
- A computer less than three years old
- Microsoft Windows (Vista or above) or Mac operating system (not a tablet)
- A high-speed Internet connection
- Basic aptitude for installing applications, and troubleshooting and addressing software issues with limited support.
If you meet the requirements and want to apply, you can do so here.
If you’d like to know more about what a search engine evaluator job entails, check out the videos in the following playlist: