Sometimes, even though we’re completely focussed on success, we are the ones responsible for not achieving it.
We do things, unbeknownst at times, that sacrifice our chances of hitting the big time. If we can get a handle on these behaviours, the chances of us realising our goals and dreams are heightened dramatically.
So, what are the things you do that hold you back? While it’s true that at least some of these things will be unique to the individual person, there are a lot of bad habits that people share. Below are 40 of these habits and if you act now to not do them, you’ll greatly increase not only the odds of you achieving your goals, but experiencing a higher quality and happier version of life.
1. Not spending at least 30 minutes a day alone.
2. Getting into debt and not pay off existing ones.
3. Not clearly defining your goals.
4. Making Excuses.
5. Not reading at least 1 book a month.
6. Working in a job that only barely pays you enough to survive.
7. Buying something on finance.
8. Sleeping in.
9. Eating processed foods.
10. Drinking soda.
11. Drinking too much alcohol.
12. Not maintaining the correct posture.
13. Avoiding eye contact.
14. Not continually educating yourself.
15. Forgetting about your own happiness.
16. Breaking your promises.
17. Passing up the opportunity to volunteer.
18. Not being able to forgive and move on.
21. Not living by your principles and values.
22. Mocking other people’s beliefs or values.
23. Skipping breakfast.
24. Not believing in yourself.
25. Not exercising at least three times a week.
26. Not Listening.
27. Not sticking to your schedule.
28. Not taking care of the people that support you.
29. Being rude.
30. Being greedy.
31. Being too caught up in the past or the future.
32. Not living in the moment.
33. Judging other people.
34. Not spending enough time outdoors.
35. Not taking great care of your body.
36. Trying to be someone you’re not.
37. Being afraid to ask for help.
38. Being afraid to ask for advice.
39. Not travelling.
40. Stepping on people to get what you want.